Private & Corporate Consulting
At O'Connor & Associates, we work with a wide range of clients, from private collectors to large corporations. While the collecting goals are different with each project, we are able to source works from a combination of galleries, artist studios, art fairs, and auction houses throughout the world. Our extensive experience in the industry allows us to determine the best sources and to negotiate the best prices for our clients. Consulting projects generally proceed as follows:
- On-site meeting to establish the scope of the project
- Gallery visits and personalized presentations of suggested works
- On-site selection process with selected art works
- Framing, lighting, and installation arrangements
- Documentation and supporting materials provided for collection
Fine Art Appraisal
O'Connor & Associates provides fine art appraisal services to help in the following situations:
- Insurance. Appraise your art collection every three to five years to assure that you are properly insured in the case of loss or damage.
- Non-Cash Gift or Charitable Contribution. Donated artwork with a value greater than $5,000 must be appraised according to IRS guidelines. For gifts larger than $20,000, a complete appraisal must accompany your tax return.
- Sale. We provide market sales appraisals that tell you how much your art will sell for in the current market and will identify the most likely buyers for your art.
- Divorce/Litigation. We provide appraisal for couples who need to know the value of their art for distribution of property. We can also provide expert witness for testimony in court.
- Estate Planning. Art appraisals determining the value of your art will allow for equitable distribution among your heirs. Proper appraisals will insure that your heirs will not face IRS fines and penalties for misreporting the value of their inherited art. We can also help with fractional gifts to other aspects of estate planning. Enjoy your art and have peace of mind that you are properly insured and that your heirs are taken care of.